Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Are you kidding me Kale Chips again?

Perhaps the world's most unphotogenic food
Fucking hell, just what the internet needs, another something about Kale Chips, but I'm doing it anyway, I'M GOING ROGUE.

Some nut job at Whole Foods told me a year ago to crank my oven as high as it could get, which was a terrible idea. I've now learned a few things about making kale chips and now I will tell you those things:

Toss the raw kale pieces with olive oil in a bowl, don't try and sprinkle the olive oil over the kale once its in the pan, unless you have some sort of olive oil sprinkling device that I don't have. Set the oven at a reasonable 350 and put the pan on the top shelf. I didn't time it. Ten minutes maybe? I don't know. Take them out when they're crispy, before they burn, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Sprinkle them with nutritional yeast and powdered garlic, everybody knows that, but here's my big secret: drizzle them with truffle infused olive oil right before you pop the whole team into the oven.  Truffle infused anything looks really expensive, but you only need a tiny bit and it lasts forever, that is unless you're me, I could drink that stuff straight.

Recipe:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (or as much as you damn well like, you're an adult.)
A whole bunch of kale ripped up
Powdered garlic, pepper, salt, anything you'd like you're an adult
2 tsps of truffle infused olive oil

They're really good. I wonder though if I'm eating too much olive oil? Maybe there's a way to switch to coconut oil. Hmm....I'm losing interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment