Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Blueberry Tofu Cooler

It's happening. I think I'm getting fat drinking the every day avocado. Plus, it's darn expensive. So I needed a new way to put the smooth in smoothie....liquifying a salad without a smoother tastes like....liquified salad. Or grass.

I've heard of adding tofu to smoothies so I finally gave it a try today, and here's what I put together:

The Blueberry Tofu Cooler
1 chunk firm tofu (about 1/4 of the package)
Coconut water to taste (about a cup)
2 cups frozen blueberries
2 handfulls spinach
1 cup fresh pineapple
2 tablespoons almond meal

It was so good! Very soothing. And since I'm still house-sitting with the Vitamix, it was extra light and fluffy. It definitely tasted like tofu, which is why I added the fresh pineapple. But I didn't mind the taste, it was a nice change, tasted pretty nutty, and really wholesome....more like a meal than a smoothie. I guess when you add tofu or avocados, it's suddenly considered a meal replacement. NOT FOR ME. I like drinks and solids.

Maybe it was the Vitamix, the abundance of blueberries or the powerful taste of tofu, but I felt like I could keep adding spinach by the handful....and probably could have snuck in some kale and chard as well.

1 comment:

  1. I want a vitamix SOOO bad. This sounds amazing but I don't think my blender would cut it.

    ReplyDelete