Tuesday, June 4, 2013

the silkiest, simplest smoothie

Oh good lord. I'm staying at a friend's house right now and she's got a Vitamix. I'm recovering from a weekend in Squamish, which was little more than a caloric free for all. (I also climbed the Apron via a classic crack route and send my 10d Lead project, but mostly it was eating.) I discovered the ridiculously delicious brewery in Squamish and also the Zephyr Cafe, a place called Mountain Burger House and then all the campfire food.

Back to the Vitamix- I'm in detox after all those grilled cheeses and fancy s'mores and oatmeal stouts. So I took advantage of the world's most expensive blender and whirred up a simple smoothie:

Recipe:
2 handfulls spinach
coconut water with pulp
half an avacado
handful of frozen strawberries
1 heaping tablespoon of almond meal for protein and flavor.

No chia seeds, no spirulina, no flax, nothing. And by GOD that fucking Vitamix, it was the silkiest, smoothest, most delicious smoothie I've ever had.

I don't have 500 bucks for a blender right now, nor do I see a time in my future when I could throw down any money for any kitchen thing.....but damn. It works. Also, all that organic fresh PCC produce probably made a difference too.

No comments:

Post a Comment