Thursday, July 11, 2013

A date with chard

I'm making a big move. From Seattle to Asheville, but that's not what I'm going to address here. I'm moving away from spinach in my smoothies. Spinach is so green and mild. I'm venturing into the realms of dark and bitter. Chard!

Here was my first shot at chard. I overcompensated by using lots of natural sweet stuff.

A date with Chard
2 sweet pitted dates
2 cups coconut water
2 cups frozen mango
1 tablespoon flax seed
4 leaves chard, or to taste

It was interesting. The dates didn't blend, which I figured out only when I got to the bottom of the thing. I'll cut them up next time. Other than that, it was pretty smooth! Thanks to the mango. And it really did taste like chard, but that made it seem pretty healthy, so I was cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment