Sunday, July 14, 2013

Berry Kale

Today I made this smoothie for dinner. I spent all day doing this and this:
It was such a refreshing day that all I wanted was a simple, refreshing dinner. So I paired this with a hard boiled egg and called it good. I've learned that berries are much stronger in flavor than peaches or even mangos, so it hides the bitter dark green best.

Berry Kale
1 cup coconut water
1/2 avocado
1 handfull fresh kale
1/2 banana
1 cup frozen raspberries and strawberries
1/2 cup frozen mangoes

Today was (nearly) a vegan day, except for the egg and the cream in my coffee which I will NEVER give up. I had a smoothie for breakfast, almond butter stuffed dates while climbing, and grilled veggie burgers on the river. I'd never go all the way vegan but toying with it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment