Monday, September 16, 2013

lemony cold buster

everyone in asheville is getting sick with a cold, which is no big thing, except I have a phenomenal ability to turn a cold into a long, drawn out, all season long flu. but I have lots of things to do, primarily finding a mountain bike and bouldering, and I have to go to Milwaukee next month. So I'm fending off the cold (I already have a sore throat and stuffed up nose) with all the tools in my arsenal, primarily the juicer.
Hot green pomegranate tea with grated ginger and a quarter lemon helped me through the morning, then vitamin C packets and lots of water, and then this baby: 

Lemony Cold Blaster
Chard
Cellery
1/2 golden beet
1/2 lemon
mint
1/2 apple

It was overwhelmingly lemony and I think the mint was a lost cause, but it did taste somewhat an elixer. Now I'm off to eat three pieces of raw garlic and hope for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment